Incredible Colleagues at Springfield Care Home
15th January 2021
Who doesn’t love a snow day? Our residents are thrilled to be enjoying the wintery views from the comfort of their armchairs in our winter garden.
However, the weather has caused several difficulties for staff. We would like to thank all our colleagues who went above and beyond to make sure they got in to work today. We have some special thank you’s:
- Nicola and Vikki Towse who, after a long day, went out of their way to pick up staff for the night shift. They drove to Middleton to pick up one of our senior carers to ensure that the safety of our residents came first. In addition to this they also picked up 3 staff who work at Seacroft Grange Care Village.
- Sadie Southern, who after a long shift, and long drive back home in the snow, she went back out to ensure that another night Senior Carer could get her car out to come to work and drove to Cleckheaton to pick up a staff member for night shift.
- Many of our staff have battled through the snow to get here today which we are extremely grateful for. Gillian Powley, Housekeeping, set off to work and got stuck on route but instead of turning around and going home, she walked to Crossgates and waited an hour for a bus to get to Springfield Care Home.
- Hazel Mackintosh, wasn’t due to be working today, but has picked up a 12 hour shift to cover for someone who could get in due to the snow. Thank you Hazel.
- Tracey Brown, who even though lives locally, stepped up and drove all the way to Bramley after a 12hrs shift last night to make sure colleague Monica could get back home to her children as there where no buses running. Thank you Tracey for your thoughtfulness and for showing such kindness.
- Debbie Smith (HR Advisor) went above and beyond to ensure our residents/staff were both vaccinated and the day went as planned.
- Jenny Fieldhouse, who was amazing yesterday helping the GP’s and our residents whilst providing smiles and laughter for all.
Back to the News